What are you going to say when someone asks what you’re doing on Labor Day weekend? Let the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores help you answer the question! Hours are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. every day. Here are several exciting ways to finish the sentence, “I’m going to…”
- Hear an allosaurus roar and dodge spray from a dilophorosaurus in Dinosaur Adventure, free with admission, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. This fun blast from the past has been extended through Nov. 1.
- Enjoy otter programs, dive shows, animal feedings, creature features and other fun programs free with admission or membership.
- Watch birds soar overhead in Winging It – Birds in Flight, a ticketed show featuring native shore birds and raptors.
- Take a unique tour of Bogue Sound with stand-up paddle boarding (Monday)
- Explore what happens beyond the exhibits on a behind-the-scenes tour. Several programs are available Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Take a Night Trek on the beach and learn more about the sea turtles that nest and hatch here. (Sunday)
- Kayak the serene waters of the Roosevelt Natural areas (Saturday)
The fall calendar of free programs and additional activities begins on Tuesday, Sept. 2.