Looks like you’ve got what it takes to enter the N.C. Aquarium at Fort Fisher’s inaugural Trick or Treat Under the Sea Pumpkin Carving Contest. Get crafty this Halloween season and sculpt your best aquatic–themed jack-o-lantern to win! All pumpkins will be displayed at the annual pre-Halloween festival, Trick or Treat Under the Sea, at the Aquarium on Oct. 24 and 25. Winning entries receive scary good prizes.
- One entry per person. An entry form must accompany each pumpkin. Entry is free.
- Entry forms can be downloaded here or acquired at the Aquarium.
- Entrants supply their own carved pumpkin.
- Entries should be carved with aquatic or aquatic-wildlife theme.
- Already carved pumpkins, with entry forms, may be dropped off at the Aquarium’s Visitors Services Desk from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, October 21-23.
- The N.C. Aquarium at Fort Fisher reserves the right to not accept an entry or disqualify an entry that does not meet the theme or is not appropriate for display during a family-friendly event.
- Pumpkin entries will remain at the Aquarium and be displayed during Trick or Treat Under the Sea, Oct. 24 and 25. Pumpkins may be displayed after the festival depending on condition and space. Pumpkins will be composted after display.
- Contest judging will take place Thursday, Oct. 24 by 3 p.m. Winners will be contacted by phone or email and need not be present to win.
- Judges will select the top three pumpkins based on theme, originality and craftsmanship.
- First Place – $50 gift card and 4 passes to Trick or Treat Under the Sea; Second Place – $25 gift card and 4 passes to Trick or Treat Under the Sea; Third Place – $10 gift card and 4 passes to Trick or Treat Under the Sea; People’s Choice selection will be voted on via Aquarium social media outlets.
By entering the contest, contestants accept and agree to these rules and the prize judging process, which shall be final. Entrants also agree to allow NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher to use images of the pumpkins for publicity and promotion in all forms.