Posting Dates: 01/27/-02/05
Recommended applicant will be subject to a background check
The Education Department of the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher seeks an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with excellent speaking skills to conduct public education programs. The successful candidate will have a strong background in marine science, experience giving public presentations and a desire to share information through informal education. The Seasonal Educator covers the Aquarium’s public education programs on Saturdays and Sundays as well as various weekdays. This schedule may vary from two to five days/week depending on seasonal visitation.
• Providing weekend coverage for public education programs
• Conducting quality education programs
• Providing volunteer support and assistance
• Creating and maintaining an active program schedule
• Assisting with Special Events
• Assisting with Special Activities and Outreach programs
• Equipment and material repair and maintenance
• Other tasks designated according to need and interest
• Ability to be on feet for 6+ hours.
• BS in science, education or related field desired. Students in appropriate degree programs considered.
• Enthusiasm for interaction with the public and working as a team
Submit State Application PD-107 to: NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher, Attn: Personnel, 900 Loggerhead Rd., Kure Beach, NC 28449. Faxed or electronic applications also accepted. Fax (910) 458-6812 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes may be submitted in addition to the State Application, but not in lieu of.