- Clearly marked handicapped parking is available near the Aquarium’s front entrance.
- A public elevator is accessible on the upper and lower levels of the Marine Building near the Cape Fear Shoals exhibit.
- Public entrances, exits, exhibits, water fountains and restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Free wheelchairs are available upon request for on site use.
- Interpretive bike path and garden decks are wheelchair accessible.
- Guided tours are available free of charge. Pre-registration is required. Please call 910-458-7468 to register your group.
- Assisted Listening devices providing amplified narration are available free of charge. With pre-registration visitors may receive guided aquarium tours and narration for feedings and other programs. Please call 910-458-7468 to arrange your visit.
- Closed-captioned films are available.
- Large print scripts are available for many of our free daily programs.
- Deaf Awareness Day, with accessible programming for Deaf and Hard of Hearing audiences, is a special event held each fall at the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher. Watch our website for details.