Welcome to our Teacher Mini-Grants Program!
Aquarium Scholars is a new partnership between the NC Aquariums, NC public schools and the nonprofit NC Aquarium Society, through which private donors help fund access to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)-based Aquarium education programs for underserved students across the state.
These grants are only available for Title 1 teachers. Aquarium Scholars grant applicants can choose one of the following:
- Funding for a Jennette's Pier Visit (bus, fuel, fees, etc.).
- Funding for an educational program during your Pier visit and any related program fees.
- Funding for a Pier outreach program to bring our STEM programs to your school.
- Funding for a distance learning program for your class.
Important Dates to Remember:
For this funding cycle (July 2018-March 2019)
- Applications must be submitted by September 15, 2018.
- Applications will be reviewed and schools selected and notified by October 15, 2018.
For future funding cycles (July 2019—March 2020)
- September 13, 2019 is the application deadline. (teachers may submit applications earlier but this is the last date applications will be accepted).
- September 30 notification will be sent to inform you of your funding status.
- October 1 schools can begin reserving field trips/programs.