Welcome to our Teacher Mini-Grants Program!
Aquarium Scholars is a new partnership between the NC Aquariums, NC public schools and the nonprofit NC Aquarium Society, through which private donors help fund access to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)-based Aquarium education programs for underserved students across the state.
These grants are only available for Title 1 teachers. Aquarium Scholars grant applicants can choose one of the following:
- Funding for a Jennette's Pier Visit (bus, fuel, fees, etc.).
- Funding for an educational program during your Pier visit and any related program fees.
- Funding for a Pier outreach program to bring our STEM programs to your school.
- Funding for a distance learning program for your class.
If you are interested in applying for the Aquarium Scholars Program, please read the following information carefully and fill out the online application.
The application period for this funding cycle has ended. Applications may be submitted again starting July 1, 2018.
Important Dates to Remember:
For this funding cycle (November 2017-June 2018)
- Applications must be submitted by December 17, 2017.
- Applications will be reviewed and schools selected and notified by January 5, 2018.
For future funding cycles (July 2018—March 2019)
- September 15, 2018 is the application deadline.(teachers may submit applications earlier but this is the last date applications will be accepted)
- September 28 notification will be sent to inform you of your funding status.
- October 1 schools can begin reserving field trips or programs.