Welcome to our Teacher Mini-Grants Program!
Aquarium Scholars is a new partnership between the three North Carolina Aquariums and Jennette's Pier, North Carolina public schools and the nonprofit North Carolina Aquarium Society, through which private donors help fund access to science, technology, engineering and math-based Aquarium education programs for underserved students across the state.
These grants are only available for Title I teachers. Aquarium Scholars grant applicants can choose one of the following:
- Funding for an Aquarium visit (bus, fuel, fees, etc.)
- Funding for an educational program during your Aquarium visit and any related program fees
- Funding for an Aquarium outreach program to bring Aquarium programs to your school
- Funding for a distance learning program (live online programs with Aquarium staff and animals) for your class
If you are interested in applying for the Aquarium Scholars Program, please read the following information carefully and fill out the online application. Click here for program descriptions.
Important Dates to Remember:
For this funding cycle (November 2017-March 2018)
- Applications must be submitted by December 17, 2017.
- Applications will be reviewed and schools selected and notified by January 5, 2018.
- Schools can contact the Aquarium Registrar to reserve programs starting January 8, 2018.
For future funding cycles (July 2018—March 2019)
- September 15, 2018 is the application deadline.
(Teachers may submit applications as early as July 1, but this is the last date applications will be accepted).
- September 28, 2018 notification will be sent to inform you of your funding status.
- October 1, 2018 schools can begin reserving field trips or programs.