Welcome to our Teacher Mini-Grants Program!
Aquarium Scholars is a new partnership between the three North Carolina Aquariums and Jennette's Pier, North Carolina public schools and the nonprofit North Carolina Aquarium Society, through which private donors help fund access to science, technology, engineering and math-based Aquarium education programs for underserved students across the state.
These grants are only available for Title I teachers. Aquarium Scholars grant applicants can choose one of the following:
- Funding for an Aquarium visit (bus, fuel, fees, etc.)
- Funding for an educational program during your Aquarium visit and any related program fees
- Funding for an Aquarium outreach program to bring Aquarium programs to your school
- Funding for a distance learning program (live online programs with Aquarium staff and animals) for your class
If you are interested in applying for the Aquarium Scholars Program, please read the following information carefully and fill out the online application. Click here for program descriptions.
The application period for this funding cycle begins June 3, 2019.
Important Dates to Remember:
For this funding cycle (June 2019-March 2020)
- Applications open on June 3, 2019
- Applications must be submitted by September 6, 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed and schools selected and notified by October 4, 2019.
For future funding cycles (June 2020—March 2021)
- Applications open on June 3, 2020
- Applications must be submitted by September 6, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed and schools selected and notified by October 4, 2020.