Welcome to our Teacher Mini-Grants Program!
Aquarium Scholars is a new partnership between the NC Aquariums, NC public schools and the nonprofit NC Aquarium Society, through which private donors help fund access to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)-based Aquarium education programs for underserved students across the state.
These grants are only available for Title 1 teachers. Aquarium Scholars grant applicants can choose one of the following:
- Funding for an Aquarium visit (bus, fuel, fees, etc.).
- Funding for an educational program during your Aquarium visit and any related program fees.
- Funding for an Aquarium outreach program to bring Aquarium programs to your school.
- Funding for a distance learning program (live online programs with Aquarium staff and animals) for your class.
If you are interested in applying for the Aquarium Scholars Program, please read the following information carefully and fill out the online application.
The application period for this funding cycle begins June 3, 2019.
Important Dates to Remember:
For this funding cycle (June 2019-March 2020)
- Applications open on June 3, 2019
- Applications must be submitted by September 6, 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed and schools selected and notified by October 4, 2019.
For future funding cycles (June 2020—March 2021)
- Applications open on June 3, 2020
- Applications must be submitted by September 6, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed and schools selected and notified by October 4, 2020.