In 2016, the North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island, with generous support from the North Carolina Aquarium Society, underwent a dynamic new interior exhibit renovation.
Sea the change
· Seven Rivers highlights the animals and cultural history tied to the waters of the Albemarle.
· Wander through Wild Wetlands featuring river otters, alligators, and turtles.
· Learn about sea turtle conservation in the STAR Center and interactive Sea Turtle Rescue exhibit.
· Walk through a sunken ship to find Sea Treasures and marine life living off our coast.
· Get up-close views of stingrays and invertebrates in Sea Senses.
· Experience the incredible history of the U.S.S. Monitor in the Ironclad Sanctuary.
· Wonder at the Graveyard of the Atlantic shark aquarium and interactive Gulf Stream exhibit.
· Explore the outdoors on our Nature Play area along the Nature Trail.
The following gallery is open, but sections are still being updated:
· The ethereal world of sea jellies in Delicate Drifters.
Architect: Cambridge Seven Associates, Inc.
Photographer: Kwesi Budu-Arthur