MOBILE HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE & ELECTRONICS RECYCLING DRIVE*
We will collect the following items:
● Acids (bowl cleaners, driveway cleaners, etc.)
● Batteries – including alkaline, zinc-carbon, zinc-air, lithium, sealed lead-acid, and any type of rechargeable battery (NiMH, Ni-Cad, Li-Ion, etc.)
● Caustics (drain cleaners, lye, borax)
● CDs, DVDs, and VHS tapes
● Cell phones (including chargers, batteries, and ear buds)
● Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL), Tubes and Bulbs from residential properties only (Maximum 8′ length on CFL tubes)
● Cooking Oil
● Electronics-if it has an electrical cord or runs off batteries, we’ll take it!
● Fertilizers – solid or liquid
● Flammable Liquids
● Gel Fuels (like Sterno)
● Herbicides / Fungicides (weed killer, ground clear)
● Household Cleaners (bleach, ammonia, tile/grout cleaners, glass cleaner, disinfectants, all-purpose cleaners, etc.)
● Mercury Thermostats and Thermometers
● Motor Oil and Oil Filters
● Paint – latex and oil-based)
● Pesticides – solid or liquid
● Sharps (needles)
● Solvents (degreasers, parts cleaners, paint thinners)
● Stains, varnishes, and sealers
*The Aquarium team takes the items to New Hanover County Recycling & Solid Waste for proper disposal.
Learn more about the New Hanover County Recycling & Solid Waste and the HazWagon.