NC Aquarium Society – Raleigh Office
The North Carolina Aquarium Society is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Development Associate in the Raleigh, NC division office.
The Aquarium Society is a 501c3 nonprofit, based in Raleigh, N.C., that serves as the support organization for North Carolina’s three aquariums on the coast (Fort Fisher, Pine Knoll Shores, and Roanoke Island) as well as Jennette’s Pier in Nags Head, N.C. This is not a position with the State of North Carolina.
The Development Associate reports to the Development Coordinator and works closely with the Development Assistant to assure day-to-day operations of the membership and development department. The Development Associate assists with processing of membership applications and renewals, aids in the maintenance of membership database software, provides professional support and communication with Aquariums and Pier staff, assists in the production of financial records and reports, maximizes security and efficiencies in development and membership processes, and provides excellent customer service to our ever-growing membership and donor base by performing the following the essential duties listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Works in the daily processing of membership applications and renewals as they are submitted from the Aquariums, Pier, website, mail, and by phone.
• Works alongside and assists as needed development staff in the fulfillment of all membership and development activities in the Raleigh office and maintains maximum efficiency and excellent customer service.
• Responds to member and customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner via the toll-free number, email, and mail with excellence in customer service as a critical priority.
• Maintains positive and professional dialogue with Aquarium and Pier staff regarding membership and development sales, reports, and related issues.
• Assists the development staff with needs of the membership operation including member database, equipment functionality, software and equipment upgrades, internet security, data security, and troubleshooting.
• Assists the development staff in the maintenance of necessary financial records for auditing purposes and handles credit card transactions and cash/check transactions safely and securely.
• Works with Aquarium Society management to innovate solutions, technologies, and processes to improve operational efficiencies and enhance the member experience.
• Assist with managing membership and donor communications and follow up, including outreach, acknowledgement and fulfillment of membership and donor benefits, and assist with maintaining membership and donor information in database to include entering and tracking membership and donor communications, interactions, and benefits.
• Coordinates the handling of deposits with other Aquarium Society employees.
• Maintains necessary policies and controls for PCI compliance.
• Manages administrative aspects of the Aquarium Scholars program for Title I eligible schools include preparation of grant award letters, grant record keeping, and meeting minutes.
• Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
• Enjoys and is confident interacting with members and writing correspondence
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with and comfortable learning and managing database systems
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Team player with the capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and across departments
• Experience working closely with interdepartmental staff
• One-plus years of customer service experience
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
• Strong skills with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Point of Sale, PCI compliance
• Experience working with DocuSign and Adobe is a plus
This position has an annual salary hiring range of $36,000 to $38,000.
The North Carolina Aquarium Society offers an excellent package of medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as 401k and retirement benefits.
This position is open to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Development Associate” in the subject line.