Hours of admission
Open daily 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. year-round
*The Aquarium is closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Adults (Ages 13-61): $12.95
Seniors (Ages 62 and older): $11.95
Children (Ages 3-12): $10.95
Ages 2 and younger and NC Aquarium Society Members: FREE
taxes not included
Advance purchase timed tickets only. Aquarium members and children two and younger should also reserve tickets. Some animals may not be on the public viewing path during your visit. Public programs are not currently being offered. Face coverings for visitors and staff are required. Last tickets sold at 4 p.m., last entry 4:30 p.m. Weekends and rainy days tend to have higher visitation. No refunds or exchanges within 24 hours of ticketed entry time.
At this time, we are unable to accommodate school visits including home schools, group sales, SENC discounts, and reciprocal memberships from other zoos and aquariums, except the NC Zoo. We appreciate your understanding.
Purchase Tickets Now Programs and Fees
900 Loggerhead Road, Kure Beach, NC 28449
Get Directions on Google Maps
The Aquarium is located in Kure Beach on US 421, about 20 miles south of Wilmington.
From Southport, take the Southport-Fort Fisher Ferry. See ferry schedule here.
Enjoy a variety of food and drinks at the SharkBites snack bar. SharkBites is open daily from March through September and on weekends during October and November.
View SharkBites menu SharkBites Social Media
March – September: Monday – Saturday 10-5, Sunday 11-5
October: Thursday – Saturday 10-5, Sunday 11-5
November: Saturday 10-5, Sunday 11-5
Closed December – February
Tips and insider information to make your visit to the Aquarium fin-tastic:
- Parking is free. Designated parking for individuals with disabilities is located near the Aquarium entrance.
- Most visitors tour the Aquarium in about two hours.
- Weekends and rainy days tend to have higher visitation.
No refunds or exchanges within 24 hours of ticketed entry time.
- Planning your visit for April or May? You may share your experience with many young visitors. Large school groups generally visit the Aquarium from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. weekdays during the spring months.
- No food or drinks are allowed indoors.
- Areas of the aquarium may be closed and some animals may not be visible for a variety of reasons including regular or special care for the animals and their living space. Refunds or exchanges are not possible in cases of closed areas or unavailable animals. Please contact us if you have questions about specific animals or experiences.