Gift Shop Assistant Manager
NC Aquarium Fort Fisher
The North Carolina Aquarium Society is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Gift Shop Assistant Manager at the North Carolina Aquarium Fort Fisher.
The Aquarium Society is a 501c3 nonprofit, based in Raleigh, N.C., that serves as the support organization for North Carolina’s three aquariums on the coast (Fort Fisher, Pine Knoll Shores, and Roanoke Island) as well as Jennette’s Pier in Nags Head, N.C. This is not a position with the State of North Carolina.
The Gift Shop Assistant Manager is responsible for necessary functions to operate the shop and provide leadership to the merchandising staff, monitor inventory levels and labor goals, and provide excellent customer service.
The Gift Shop Assistant Manager reports to the Gift Shop Manager and works closely with the Gift Shop Buyer to assure a consistent flow of merchandise and acceptable execution of merchandise plans and presentation. The Gift Shop Assistant Manager handles routine and non-routine functions without close supervision and within the Society’s policies, fully understands company policies and procedures, and represents the Society when working with staff
- Provide efficient, knowledgeable and friendly service in-order-to meet or exceed expectations of guests / visitors.
- Handle supervision of staff while delegating and designating zones that provide the best store coverage.
- Follow opening and closing store procedures. Confirm that deposit slips, envelopes, deposit bags, are correctly filed, and discrepancies are recorded, rectified and communicated to management.
- Assist managers with customer service initiatives, team direction, solving cash register transactional and operational problems.
- Prepare sales and customer relations reports by analyzing and categorizing sales information; identifying, and investigating customer complaints and service suggestions.
- Partner with team to restock both before, during, and after operating hours.
- Make certain that store is adequately stocked at all times and proper inventory levels maintained.
- Provide communication to fellow management team members regarding daily issues.
- Maintain awareness of store surroundings at all times in order to prevent cash handling theft, shoplifting, counterfeiting, and burglary.
- Assist managers and other supervisors with training employees.
- Review and conducts transactions through POS.
- Maintains PCI compliance and ensures staff are in compliance with all policies and procedures regarding employment and safety.
- Assist staff in stocking, changing, and/or adding supplies at cash register.
- Assist with tissue wrapping and bagging of guest / visitor merchandise.
- Work with staff in maintaining the shop in a clean, attractive, and highly marketable condition.
- Responsible for providing each guest / visitor uncompromised hospitality and quality service.
- A high school graduate with additional college education in business management, retail or merchandise related courses preferred.
- Minimum one year supervisory/management experience.
- Ability to lift moderately sized boxes and goods, weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Pass a criminal background check.
This position has an annual salary hiring range of $33,000 to $36,000.
The North Carolina Aquarium Society offers an excellent package of medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as 401k and retirement benefits.
This position is open to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Gift Shop Assistant Manager Fort Fisher” in the subject line.