The Gift Shop Manager is fully responsible for necessary functions to operate the shop and also provide leadership to the merchandising staff, monitor inventory levels and labor goals, generate regional reports and control operational expenses.
Supervision and Guidance:
The Gift Shop Manager reports to the Director of Retail and works closely with the Buyer to assure a consistent flow of merchandise and acceptable execution of merchandise plans and presentation. The Gift Shop Manager handles routine and non-routine functions without close supervision and within The Society’s policies, fully understands company policies and procedures, and represents The Society when working with staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruit, hire and train all supervisory and seasonal staff in accordance with budgeted labor expense.
• Assure that managerial staff fully understands The Society’s handbook, especially the issues that relate to her/his responsibilities.
• Promote an exceedingly high level of customer service through proper training of seasonal and full-time staff.
• Create a "team" atmosphere within the store, and initiate staff development.
• Ensure that cash control procedures are instituted and followed.
• Maximize store profitability by achieving sales goals and costs controls.
• Participate in budget preparation and monitor direct labor and operating expenses.
• Drive peak day sales.
• Have excellent understanding of the POS system, Excel and Word programs.
• Make certain that all stores are adequately stocked at all times and proper inventory levels maintained.
• Monitor best sellers and suggest purchasing action as needed.
• Suggest markdowns to achieve proper inventory levels.
• Coordinate and conduct annual physical inventory. Initiate cycle counts as needed.
• Receive goods into and maintain the inventory control system for the store.
• Develop understanding of items sold with specific product knowledge.
• Spend adequate time on the sales floor and communicate regularly with management on product feedback and customer issues.
• Generate and analyze period end reports (weekly/monthly/yearly) and use as management tools.
• Prepare and implement the Gift Shop plan that includes Merchandise Plan, Display Plan, Operating Plan, Staffing Plan.
• Provide operational support for functions and special events.
• Travel to regional meetings as deemed necessary.
• Supervise and coordinate all merchandise operations.
• Maintain store and displays in compliance with the Director of Retail.
• Responsible for ensuring service standards and sales projections are achieved.
• Perform other duties as required by The Society.
A high school graduate with additional college education in business management, retail or merchandise related courses preferred.
Minimum three years supervisory/management experience.
Ability to lift moderately sized boxes and goods, weighing up to 35 lbs.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Must possess a valid driver's license.
Pass a criminal background check.
How to Apply:
Please email resumes and cover letter to [email protected]