We look forward to welcoming you to Jennette's Pier! Your visit will be different than in the past. Why? Health and safety—yours, ours and others.
- In-person, outside ticketing with direct access to the pier
- Passes sold daily on a first come, first serve basis due to limited capacity
- (3-day and 7-day passes will not be sold at this time)
- Modified hours - 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection for your safety
- Clearly defined fishing locations to ensure proper social distancing
- All interactive exhibits will be turned off
- By state law no firearms allowed.
- No pets allowed in the pier house or on the pier.
- Rod limit: two per angler; three for pin-rig fishing.
- No balloons or fireworks of any type are allowed on the pier property.
- No bicycles or skateboards on pier deck (bike racks are provided at bottom of each ramp).
- No spearfishing under the pier per Nags Head Town ordinance.
cobia & king mackerel RULES
(Cobia & king mackerel passes will not be sold at this time.)
- You must purchase a wristband to pin-rig or sight-cast from the end of the pier for Cobia/King Mackerel.
- Cobia/King Mackerel fishing in the jigging lane is prohibited.
- One corner is for pin-rigs, the other corner is for sight-casting.
- Cobia/King Mackerel passes expire daily at 8 p.m.
- Bottom-fishing from the end before is prohibited before 8 p.m.
- Sight-casting or jigging amongst and over the pin-rigs is prohibited.
- Pin-rigs must always be attended.
- Braided line prohibited on the first 100 yards of fighting or anchor rod.
- Bait buckets may only be hung from the flare end behind the green line.
- Balloons are prohibited. In-line floats that are retrieved are allowed.
- All baits must be launched from the pier.
- Chumming, fish oil slicks and shark-fishing are prohibited.
- Benches are for sitting. Please keep coolers, tackle boxes, etc. on the deck and behind the green line.
- Do not harm or kill skates and rays that you are not keeping.
- This is a family pier. Please keep it clean and be respectful and courteous to all other guests.