There are exciting new opportunities for you to engage with staff virtually, as well as, indoor and outdoor programs.
Indoor Programs Outdoor Programs Special Events
To learn more about what is happening at the aquarium, as well as what to expect during your visit, check out our Welcome Back page.
Tips and insider information to make your visit to the Aquarium fin-tastic:
- Parking is free. Designated parking for individuals with disabilities is located near the aquarium entrance.
- Most visitors tour the aquarium in about two hours.
- Weekend and rainy days tend to see a higher rate of visitors.
- No refunds or exchanges within 24 hours of ticketed entry time.
- Planning your visit for April or May? It's possible you may share your experience with many young visitors. Large school groups generally visit the aquarium from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. weekdays during the spring months.
- Areas of the aquarium may be closed and some animals may not be visible for a variety of reasons including regular or special care for the animals and their living space. Refunds or exchanges are not possible in cases of closed areas or unavailable animals. Please contact us if you have questions about specific animals or experiences.
- Trained service animals are welcome in the aquarium. Please inform Visitor Services if a trained service animal will be assisting you.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the aquarium. New Hanover County ordinance prohibits owners from leaving dogs unattended in a vehicle or tied up. Leaving a pet inside a car can be harmful to the animal.
- The aquarium is wheelchair accessible. A limited number of wheelchairs are available upon request for on-site use.
- Strollers are permitted. Strollers greater than 36" wide maybe too large for certain doorways. The aquarium does not loan or rent strollers or provide a stroller-checking service.
- No food or drinks are allowed indoors.
- Barbecue grills, fire pits and open flames are prohibited on aquarium grounds.
- The aquarium buildings are smoke-free including electronic/vapor cigarettes. Smoking is only permitted outside of the garden exit gate and parking area.
- Built-in flash devices on still cameras are permitted. Flashlights, laser pointers and video lights are not. Please keep these and any other lighting devices off as you tour the aquarium, for animal safety. For commercial photography and filming, please visit the Press Room.