Welcome to our Teacher Mini-Grants Program!
Aquarium Scholars is a partnership between the NC Aquariums, NC public schools and the nonprofit NC Aquarium Society, through which private donors help fund access to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)-based Aquarium education programs for underserved students across the state.
These grants are only available for Title 1 eligible schools.
If you are interested in applying for the Aquarium Scholars Program, please read the following information carefully and fill out the online application.
The application period for this funding cycle has ended.
Important Dates to Remember:
For 2022-2023 funding cycle
- Funding cycle will open on Monday, August 1
- Last day to apply for funding is Friday, September 30
- Award notifications will begin Monday, October 31
- Funding available for North Carolina Title I eligible schools ONLY.
- We will select our number of awards based on available funding.
- Applications must include the provided form from your principal verifying Title I eligible status.
- Priority will be given to applications that best describe student need and alignment with planned curriculum activities.
- Grant awards are determined by availability of funds and how the application demonstrates students will benefit from participation.
- Applications are reviewed on a competitive basis by Aquarium staff and will not be accepted after the deadline stated in “Important Dates to Remember”
- Schools will be notified of funding beginning Oct. 31, 2022.
- Funding cannot be used with other Aquarium specials or promotions.
- The maximum amount of funding that can be requested is $1,250
Funding is possible due to the generous support of our sponsors.
RA Bryan Foundation
Duke Energy Foundation
Wells Fargo Foundation
NC GlaxoSmithKline Foundation
Harold H. Bate Foundation
Bill & Bob Dobo Trust
Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation
Goodnight Educational Foundation
Allan C. and Margaret L. Mims Charitable Trust
George Smedes Poyner Foundation
Tetlow & Roy Park Aquarium Legacy Fund
Southern Bank Foundation
Smithfield’s Chicken ‘N Bar-B-Q
Rotary Club of Kinston
Walters Family Foundation