Tickets are sold online only and for specific arrival times. Members must reserve tickets as well through the website. Click here for ticketing.
Given the continued threat of COVID-19 and variants of the virus, face masks are required for indoor areas of each aquarium. We also encourage visitors to secure their tickets online in advance, as sellouts do happen.
The Aquarium is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
The STAR Center is open 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily
*Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Located on Roanoke Island, 3 miles north of Manteo
374 Airport Road
Manteo, NC 27954
Adults (Ages 13-61): $12.95
Seniors (Ages 62 and older): $11.95
Children (Ages 3-12): $10.95
Ages 2 and younger and NC Aquarium Society Members: FREE
**taxes not included
Last tickets of the day sold at 4:00 p.m last entry 4:30 p.m.
Purchasing tickets online does not eliminate wait times on busy days. Ticket holders must check in at a ticket window.
Tours and Adventures
Learn more about Accessibility Information.
• All entrances, exits, exhibits and restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
• Large parking areas are provided for visitors. During peak summer months you may be required to park in the overflow parking lot.
• Food and drink are not allowed inside the building to ensure the health and safety of the animals in our care.
• For visitor safety, shoes are required in the building and most Aquarium tours and adventures require closed-toe shoes.
• Most visitors can tour the Aquarium in approximately 2 hours. However, if you plan to participate in Aquarium programs, dig for shark teeth in the fossil pit, or visit the gift shop allow more time.
• Trained service animals are welcome in the Aquarium. Please inform Visitor Services if a trained service animal will be assisting you.
• Areas of the Aquarium may be closed and some animals may not be visible for a variety of reasons including regular or special care for the animals and their living space. Refunds or exchanges are not possible in cases of closed areas or unavailable animals. Please contact us if you have questions about specific animals or experiences.